Mitchell Scholarship aims to cultivate and recognize the intellectual prowess, leadership, and dedication to civic duty and community service of the next generation of American leaders.
About Mitchell Institute
Every year, Mitchell Institute give scholarships to Maine’s public high school graduates who choose to pursue further education. The Mitchell Institute offers scholarships for Maine students wishing to enroll in two- and four-year degree programs at both in-state and out-of-state universities in an effort to aid more students in Maine in pursuing higher education.
The institute helps Maine college students reach their full potential so they can strengthen their local communities.
Worth Of Scholarship
Beneficiaries receives a scholarship award of $10,000, which is paid in four equal installments of $2,500, and represents more than 130 high schools from every community in Maine.
For a year of study in Ireland, the Mitchell Scholarship covers the costs of tuition, living expenses, and foreign travel.
Recommended: How To Apply For Students Loan
Resources and Programs For Mitchell Scholarship
- Leadership and career development events
- Access to a wide array of professional networks and social events
- Customized career advising and personal support through individual meetings with Mitchell Institute staff and community members
- Fellowship Awards of up to $1,500 to support internships and personal/professional growth opportunities
- Emergency financial assistance for unexpected financial challenges.
- Be 18 years of age or older, but not yet 30, on the date the application is due. For example, if the deadline is September 29 and you turn 30 on September 28, you are not eligible;
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university before beginning study as a Mitchell Scholar. Degrees from international accredited universities are acceptable, if all other conditions are met;
- While married applicants or applicants with partners are accepted, no allowance is made for the expenses of an applicant’s spouse, partner, or dependents.
Three factors are used to evaluate applicants:
A sustained commitment to community and public service.
How to Apply For Mitchell Scholarship
- Visit Mitchell Institute Scholarship Webpage.
- Choose any of the scholarship you are eligible for and apply
The Mitchell Scholarship program sponsors cohort-building activities throughout the year. Do well to apply now!
You may want to explore Tuition Free Scholarships For International Students
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.